Expression of Interest
About Clinpath Pathology
Clinpath Pathology is a quality pathology service provider, focusing on professional excellence, reliability, excellent customer service and business integrity. Based at Mile End in a new state of the art laboratory Clinpath provides you with the opportunity to become a part of an Australian wide medical testing laboratory network, focused on medical leadership and expert advice. We serve our South Australian medical practitioners, private hospitals and aged care facilities.
About the Opportunity
Phlebotomists are the face of Clinpath working within a pathology collection centre, hospital, clinic or medical practice or do home visits taking samples from patients within their own homes.
Why join us?
Clinpath Pathology offers a wide range of employee benefits:
- Training, minimum 2 weeks full time paid onboarding program;
- Shift penalties and allowances on hospital and domiciliary shifts;
- Clinpath Laboratories uniform;
- Employee Rewards Program;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Employee Referral Program;
- Free annual flu vaccination; and
- Charitable and social events including annual Christmas Party, Pizza Friday and Easter morning tea
Your duties will include:
- Performing venepuncture for blood collection;
- Swab samples;
- Handling urine and faecal samples;
- Performing ECG's, and fitting of 24 hour monitoring equipment;
- Stock maintenance;
- Packaging and dispatching of specimens;
- Compliance and adherence to Clinpath policies and procedures and WHS procedures; and
- Cleaning and maintenance of site and equipment
Hours of work:
You may be required to work in a variety of locations within a geographic area. Most commonly shifts are between 6am and 6pm and of 4 hours duration. Hospital-based shifts or domiciliary shifts may be longer and are scheduled according to operating hours, this may include evening and weekends.
To be considered for this role you must possess:
- Australian citizenship or hold the appropriate working right to work in Australia;
- A current drivers licence;
- Empathy for patients and families;
- An understanding and appreciation for compliance with protocols and procedures;
- A commitment to excellent customer service and patient care;
- Good written communication skills with attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a diverse group of people of all ages;
- Professional approach in both presentation and conduct;
- Flexibility and reliability; and
- Previous venepuncture experience is highly desirable, however, on the job training will be offered to suitable candidates
*Note - Applications are accepted throughout the year and shortlisted for interview as required.
Applicants will only be contacted if shortlisted for interview.
Applications close: 31 May 2020