Casual Laboratory Assistants and/or Casual Data Entry Clerks
Expression of Interest
About Clinpath Pathology
Clinpath Pathology is a quality pathology service provider, focusing on professional excellence, reliability, excellent customer service and business integrity. Based at Mile End in a new state of the art laboratory Clinpath provides you with the opportunity to become a part of an Australian wide medical testing laboratory network, focused on medical leadership and expert advice. We serve our South Australian medical practitioners, private hospitals and aged care facilities.
About the Opportunity
The Laboratory Support Services department operates extended hours over seven days and a variety of day, afternoon, evening, overnight and weekend shifts are available. If working out of hours work appeals due to your family situation, this is a role which would be of interest. Participation in weekend and public holiday rosters may be required. Suitable candidates may work in both Specimen Reception and Data entry areas. Attractive penalty rates payable for out of hours work.
Key Responsibilities of Laboratory Assistants:
- Receipt, registration, prioritising and sorting of pathology specimens;
- Coding of tests into the Laboratory Information system (L.I.S.);
- Performance of pre-analytical procedures; and
- Preparation of specimens for dispatch to other laboratories.
Key Responsibilities of Data Entry Clerks:
- Data entry of the request form information into the L.I.S.; and
- Administrative tasks associated with ensuring that accurate data is entered into the L.I.S.
Ideal Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Experience in a similar role is essential;
- Applicants for the Data Entry positions must have atyping speed of at least 55 wpm with 98% accuracy (skills testing will form part of the selection process);
- Willingness to learn the specific laboratory techniques;
- Manual dexterity;
- Customer service experience by telephone;
- Proven exceptional attention to detail and the ability to follow established procedures;
- Comfortable taking responsibility for timely and thorough completion of tasks; and
- An outstanding work ethic and the ability to work collaboratively within a team environment to achieve and maintain our commitment to service excellence and patient care.
Why join us?
Clinpath Pathology offer a wide range of employee benefits:
- Employee Rewards Program
- Ongoing training and development
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Free annual flu vaccination
- Charitable and social events including annual Christmas Party, Pizza Friday and Easter morning tea
- Work life balance and flexible working arrangements
How to apply?
For further details about the position please contact: Kathleen Ryke, LSS Supervisor via e-mail email@example.com
*Note - Applications are accepted throughout the year and shortlisted for interview as required. Applicants will only be contacted if shortlisted for interview.
Applications Close: 30 Jun 2021