Casual Technical Assistants - Core Lab
- Friendly, supportive and professional team
- Purpose built Mile End Laboratory, Mile End, Adelaide S.A.
About Clinpath Pathology
Clinpath Pathology is a quality pathology service provider, focusing on professional excellence, reliability, excellent customer service and business integrity. Based at Mile End in a new state of the art laboratory Clinpath provides you with the opportunity to become a part of an Australian wide medical testing laboratory network, focused on medical leadership and expert advice. We serve our South Australian medical practitioners, private hospitals and aged care facilities.
About the Opportunity
An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic Technical Assistant to work as part of a highly supportive and dynamic team. This role will be responsible for assisting with processing of Core Laboratory specimens in keeping with established department protocols, ensuring timely, accurate and complete results with emphasis on prioritising urgent and time critical specimens.
The casual Technical Assistants role would require flexibility with rostered shifts, as the laboratory operating times vary over a 24/7 period. The rostered shift arrangement covers the laboratory operational times of 24/7 including day, overnight, evening, weekend and public holiday shifts.
Suitable candidates may work in Specimen Reception, the Clinical Laboratory or part of the Hospital laboratories.
Your duties will include:
- Specimen reception and registration;
- Sample preparation and analysis;
- Equipment maintenance; and
- Verification of results.
Applicants should possess the following:
- Practical and relevant experience working in a diagnostic laboratory environment;
- Sound knowledge and experience in the use of laboratory equipment, automated analysers and quality control material;
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills;
- Sound knowledge and experience in working in a quality controlled environment and an understanding of NATA accreditation requirements; and
- Ability to adapt to change and to be able to work with a dynamic team.
Why join us?
Clinpath Pathology offer a wide range of employee benefits:
- Employee Rewards Program;
- Ongoing training and development;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Employee Referral Program;
- Free annual flu vaccination;
- Corporate gym membership discount;
- Charitable and social events including annual Christmas Party, Pizza days and morning teas; and
- Work life balance and flexible working arrangements.
How to apply?
When applying, please ensure you include a cover letter, resume and address the key selection criteria as part of your application. Only those shortlisted will be contacted.
For further details about the position/Ref. no. 2011 please contact: Rick Merkel, Chemistry and Core Laboratory Supervisor via email on email@example.com
Applications close: Close of business 30 October 2020