Experienced Technical Assistant - Anatomical Pathology
- Permanent, full-time or part-time
- Friendly, supportive and professional team
- Purpose-built laboratory, Mile End (Adelaide S.A)
About Clinpath Pathology
Clinpath Pathology is a quality pathology service provider, focusing on professional excellence, reliability, excellent customer service and business integrity. Based at Mile End in a new state of the art laboratory Clinpath provides you with the opportunity to become a part of an Australian wide medical testing laboratory network, focused on medical leadership and expert advice. We serve our South Australian medical practitioners, private hospitals and aged care facilities.
About the opportunity
An opportunity has become available for an experienced Technical Assistant trained in embedding and sectioning to join our busy Anatomical Pathology team on a permanent basis. The position is based at our Mile End laboratory and involves working all shifts Monday to Friday between the hours of 4am and Midnight. Participation in the Saturday roster between 4am and 5pm may also be required.
Typical duties include:
- Registration of anatomical pathology patient episodes onto the laboratory information system
- Preparation of cytology samples;
- Paraffin processing, embedding, sectioning, and staining of surgical tissues;
- Allocation of stained slides to the anatomical pathologists;
- Archiving and retrieval of patient materials;
- Disposal of patient samples and other department waste streams as per documented procedures; and
- Preparation of laboratory reagents and maintenance of associated equipment fit for use.
Applicants should possess the following:
- Whilst tertiary qualifications are not required, candidates must be able to demonstrate a genuine interest in working within a busy laboratory environment;
- Experience in embedding, sectioning and staining of surgical tissues in a busy laboratory setting;
- Understanding of WHS processes relevant to working in a laboratory environment;
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills; and
- Good communication skills, interpersonal skills and initiative.
Why join us?
Clinpath Pathology offers a wide range of employee benefits:
- Employee Rewards Program;
- Ongoing training and development;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Employee Referral Program;
- Free annual flu vaccination;
- Charitable and social events including annual Christmas Party, Pizza Friday and Easter morning tea; and
- Work-life balance and flexible working arrangements.
How to apply:
When applying, please ensure you include a cover letter, resume and address the key selection criteria as part of your application. Only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Applications by close of business Friday 19th March 2021