Experienced Technical Officer - Anatomical Pathology
- Permanent, full-time or part-time
- Friendly, supportive and professional team
- Purpose-built laboratory, Mile End (Adelaide S.A)
About Clinpath Pathology
Clinpath Pathology is a quality pathology service provider, focusing on professional excellence, reliability, excellent customer service and business integrity. Based at Mile End in a new state of the art laboratory Clinpath provides you with the opportunity to become a part of an Australian wide medical testing laboratory network, focused on medical leadership and expert advice. We serve our South Australian medical practitioners, private hospitals and aged care facilities.
About the Opportunity
An opportunity has become available for an experienced Technical Officer to join our busy Anatomical Pathology team on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Anatomical Pathology supervisors, the successful candidates in the role of Technical Officer will follow established department protocols, and have the opportunity to hone their skills across the routine histology tasks of specimen accession, embedding, sectioning, allocation, staining and frozen sections, while exercising judgement in dealing with associated technical or procedural problems.
Candidates with experience in grossing Non-complex and Complex specimens (per NPAAC guidelines) and/or experience in immunohistochemistry are encouraged to apply.
The position is based at our Mile End laboratory, which operates on shift arrangements with shifts currently rostered between 4am to midnight Monday-Friday and 4am to 5pm Saturday. The expectation is that the role will require flexibility with rostered shifts to best fit with operational requirements.
Typical duties include:
- Accession anatomical pathology patient episodes; prepare cytology samples as required;
- Perform routine anatomical pathology tasks including tissue processing, embedding, sectioning, staining and allocation;
- Assist with more specialised procedures such as Immunohistochemistry, In-situ hybridisation and Direct immunofluorescence as required;
- Assist pathologists with delivery of in-house frozen section service;
- Perform cut up of stage 1-3 non-complex specimens as required;
- Consult with Anatomical Pathologists, supervisors and other senior staff for procedural clarification as required;
- Archive and retrieve patient materials, package and dispatch material to referral sites as required; and
- Prepare laboratory reagents and maintain associated equipment fit for use.
Applicants should possess the following:
- Diploma in Pathology Testing (or qualification deemed equivalent);
- Demonstrated competency in embedding, sectioning and staining gained within a busy diagnostic histology laboratory environment;
- Experience in Specimen Grossing and/or IHC will be highly regarded;
- Basic level understanding of NATA accreditation requirements;
- Knowledge of WHS processes relevant to working in anatomical pathology;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills; and
- Demonstrate positive ‘can do' attitude.
Why join us?
Clinpath Pathology offer a wide range of employee benefits:
- Employee Rewards Program;
- Ongoing training and development;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Employee Referral Program;
- Free annual flu vaccination;
- Charitable and social events including annual Christmas Party, Pizza Friday and Easter morning tea; and
- Work life balance and flexible working arrangements.
How to apply?
When applying, please ensure you include a cover letter, resume and address the key selection criteria as part of your application. Only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Applications by close of business Friday 19th March 2021