Scientist - Haematology/Film | Expression of interest
- Various positions, Permanent and Casual as operationally required
- Friendly, supportive and professional team
- Purpose built Laboratory, Mile End (Adelaide S.A.)
About Clinpath Pathology
Clinpath Pathology is a quality pathology service provider, focusing on professional excellence, reliability, excellent customer service and business integrity. Based at Mile End in a new state of the art laboratory Clinpath provides you with the opportunity to become a part of an Australian wide medical testing laboratory network, focused on medical leadership and expert advice. We serve our South Australian medical practitioners, private hospitals and aged care facilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and offer a dynamic and supportive work environment where the contribution of people with different skill sets, cultures and backgrounds is valued.
About the Opportunity
The role of Scientist (Haematology) is the proficient processing of all Haematology specimens, including blood film review and reporting, in line with the laboratories documented specimen reporting and referral procedures with emphasis on prioritising urgent and time critical specimens.
- Receive and prepare specimens for analysis according to laboratory protocols and procedures;
- Perform routine laboratory analysis following documented methods and established priorities;
- Perform as required equipment maintenance/calibrations as per documented protocols;
- Verify normal and abnormal results taking into account documented guidelines for appropriate action;
- Review results and request blood films using knowledge of diagnostic Haematology and documented procedures;
- Review, interpretation and reporting of blood films according to laboratory documented criteria;
- Ensure that hospital, urgent and significantly abnormal results are relayed to hospital and/or referring doctor following documented protocols;
- Routine sampling of QC specimens and take appropriate actions as per documented protocols; and
- Assist with training of new or less experienced staff as directed by Supervisor.
Applicants should possess the following:
- Bachelor of Applied Science, Medical Laboratory Science or a similar recognised qualification from an approved educational institution which satisfies current NPAAC guidelines;
- Knowledge of medical terminology;
- High level of theoretical knowledge in all aspects of Haematology;
- Ability to operate and maintain all routine equipment used within the department;
- Comprehensive knowledge of diagnostic and technical Haematology, including minimum 2 years' experience in blood film review and reporting and experience reporting abnormal coagulation results;
- Awareness of the significance and recognition of abnormal results and appropriate actions to follow up these results;
- A high degree of flexibility and the ability to prioritise for the benefit of the business, better patient care, and excellent service;
- Good attention to detail and strong time management skills;
- Flow Cytometry experience would be an advantage;
- Current South Australian Drivers Licence; and
- You will be required to receive the COVID 19 vaccination including booster in order to perform this role and provide copy of certificate.
Why join us?
Clinpath Pathology offer a wide range of employee benefits:
- Stable, reputable organisation (part of the global Sonic Healthcare)
- Parental Leave options
- Employee Rewards Program
- Annual employee service awards
- Ongoing training and development
- The opportunity to participate in the Clinpath Development Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Novated Leasing
- Study leave for approved courses
- On-site Physiotherapist
- Employee Referral Program
- Free annual flu vaccination
- Corporate gym membership discount
- Charitable and social events including annual Christmas Party, Pizza days and morning teas
- Work life balance and flexible working arrangements
How to apply?
When applying, please ensure you include a cover letter, resume and address the key selection criteria as part of your application. Only those shortlisted will be contacted. Short listing for this position will commence immediately. This position is open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents with full legal working rights.
For further details about the position, ref 2428 please contact:
Tracey Henry, Supervisor - Haematology email on THenry@clinpath.com.au